Wednesday, March 16, 2016

When Will There Be Another Baptismal Service?

Hola hola!

This week the weather went kind of crazy for a few days, but then it got warm again. So we're feeling good here. :)

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Mayonesa- Mayonnaise. As in, "Last Monday we were going to buy many very healthy foods to make lots of salads. As we were looking for mayonnaise to mix with our tuna, we spotted Chipotle mayonnaise. It's our new favorite creation and we ate half of the jar this week."
 
 

​Paleta- lolipop/ sucker. As in, "I ate a sucker before taking this picture, which is why my tongue is so red."
Reírse- To laugh. As in, "This week when we were on exchanges, Hermana Hale and I started walking to a house far away. It started to hail. Luckily we had umbrellas and the hail was small. Hermana Hale said, 'It's times like these when all you can do is laugh.' It's very true."
Hijo de Dios- Child of God. As in, "We are all children of God. He is our Father and He loves us! He wants to guide us. We just need to seek Him out through prayer, church attendance, and scripture study in order to understand what we should do in this life."

So this week we've been working a lot on how we street contact people. We realized that we're super awkward about it sometimes, so we deccided to fox that. One day we saw a lady walking down the street in the same direction as us so we started talking to her. We chatted with her for several minutes just getting to know her then I showed her a card I have that has some questions on it. They're called the questions of the soul. I asked if she'd ever asked herself one of them and she pointed to one that says, "How can I find peace and happiness?" I explained to her that we have a book called the Book of Mormon that has the answer. I started to say that we'd like to come to her house to answer her question and she cut me off saying, "you can come to my house Wednesday at 6. I'll be there." She was super excited to find an answer, and we're excited to help her find it!

We also had another cool experience with the Book of Mormon. The cool family who loves the Bible has been trying to decide if they should get baptize. On Tuesday Hermana Hale came with me on exchanges to teach them. She asked the mom how she feels about all of what we're teaching her and she expressed a few doubts then said, "but I love reading the Book of Mormon. I always feel really happy when I read it."
If we remember Galatians 5:22-23 which was in my email last week, one of the fruits of the Spirit is joy.
Hermana Hale explained to her that the happiness she feels when she reads is one way that the Spirit speaks to us. We invited her to keep reading and praying.
We saw them again later in the week and taught them about the Word of Wisdom. After teaching that principle they asked a few questions they still had about baptism, then they asked when there was going to be a baptismal service! We invited them to set a date in a few weeks and they accepted! It was the best!

I'll finish with a scripture.

"For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." 2 Nephi 28:30

If we put forth the effort to learn about the Gospel and live it, The Lord will give us knowledge little by little. As we are constant and faithful, before we know it we'll have a strong testimony and appreciation of the Gospel. We just need to be careful not to slack off saying that we understand enough. There's always more to learn, and the Lord will help us learn it.

Transfers are tomorrow, and my companion and I won't be together anymore, so....you'll have to wait until next week to see what happens! But It was a great week with Hermana Blackham.
 

​Have a great week! :)
~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment