Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Most Desirable Above All Things

Hola!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Recibo- bill. As in, "We didn't realize that the electric bill had shown up this week until a man came to shut off our electricity this morning. So we spent three hours with the mission services secretary trying to get it paid. Good thing he's a nice elder and he helped us."
 
 

​Crema de Cacahuate- peanut butter. As in, "some nice members heard that I like peanut butter and they bought me some in El Paso then gave it to me. Aren't they great?"
Autoridad General- General Authority. As in, "The worldwide leaders of the church, or general authorities often visit missions to train missionaries how to improve. This week the Area President of Mexico, Elder Paul B. Pieper, came to train us. It was fantastic!"

Since we ran around all morning trying to pay the electric bill, I'm a bit short on time. But here's a story.

Our investigator who has a baptismal date is progressing great! We went to a family home evening with him and the members he lives with last monday and talked about the Book of Mormon. The members bore beautiful testimonies about the Book of Mormon and our investigator loved it. He's loved what he's read so far and he thinks it's great that we have more scriptures to teach us the fullness of the Gospel.
We saw him again a few days later and he asked us who the Holy Spirit is. We looked at some scriptures and the members shared their experience receiving answers through the Holy Spirit. He listened to what they said and said, "So what I feel when I'm in church and when the Sisters are here and when I read the Book of Mormon is the Holy Spirit?" He said that he feels like everything is true and he's found what he's looking for. He's super excited for his baptism next month.

Hearing Elder Pieper speak was a great experience. He spoke a lot about how we have to work with the members in order to work efficiently. He reminded us of some things that the prophet told us a few years ago when he announced the the Lord was hastening His work. He told us the now is the moment that the members and the missionaries work together to hasten the Lord's work. The moment was a few years ago, but if we haven't started yet, now is also a good moment.

I was reading about when Nephi has a vision about Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life in the Book of Mormon (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/11?lang=eng) and I was thinking about how missionary work is the best because we get to share the love of God. When Nephi begins to understand the symbolism of the Tree of Life, he says:
"Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things."
And the angel who is teaching him says:
"Yea, and the most joyous to the soul."
What we share with others as members and as missionaries is seriously the best gift we can share with anyone. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have every day to do it.

Last monday the Executive Secretary called me about what day I'm going to go home. This was my reaction.
 
 

​The ice cream kind of helped with the sadness...
This week I realized how close the end of my mission is. So I'm going to work harder than ever to bless people's lives in the time I have left.

I hope everyone has a great week. I love you all and I am so grateful for your support. Keep on keepin' on!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark
 
 

​This ice cream is really good though.​

No comments :

Post a Comment