Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My God Hath Been My Support

Hey! Hope your week was great!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Empapado- soaked. As in, "Tuesday morning it rained a lot. We were walking to an appointment with the young women's president with our umbrellas, but our skirts were soaked because the umbrella can't protect everything. All of a sudden, a car passed by and splashed us with a ton of water. I barely got wet, but my companion got soaked from head to toe. We showed up in our appointment and the young women's president lent us skirts while she threw our skirts and sweaters in her dryer and we drank hot chocolate while we made plans to visit the less-active young women. There are some great people here."
 
 

​Lengua- tongue. As in, "People had told me that I would eat cow-tongue here, but I hadn't until last monday when we ordered tongue-quesadillas. It tastes ok, the texture is just wierd..."
Apoyo- support. As in, "My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me." 2 Nephi 4:20-24

Our investigator changed his baptismal date to be a week earlier, so we're going full speed ahead teaching him everything before his baptism. This week we taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and obedience. He understood repentance super well, but he asked us, "is it too late for me to change and become pure and spotless like it says in Alma 5?" The members he lives with explained perfectly well that God doesn't expect us to be perfect right now. He expects us to try our hardest and keep getting better every day.
When we taught about baptism and confirmation, he was taking notes and trying to memorize the 3 baptismal covenants- take upon us the name of Jesus Christ, always remember him, and keep his commandments. It was great. He's so excited for his baptism, and we and the members are equally excited for him!

We're working hard, rain or sun (because there's always a lot of one or the other). We love being here and working together, which is good because we didn't have transfers this week!

Have a great week everyone!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark
 
 

​Thanks for the package, Mom! :)​

No comments :

Post a Comment