Monday, July 9, 2012

Continue The Winning Summer!

Well, hey there!
There's been more happening this summer! After youth conference was girls camp!
We kicked it off with our 5th year "High Adventure..."
We got up REEEEEALLY early (4am) to see these hot air balloons take off. It was pretty nifty, not gonna lie! Would I arise before the sun shines again to see it? Don't think so.
Then we rappelled of this cliff.
That was TERRIFYING, but I did it!! :D We had a fun time doing that together as 5th years.
I didn't get pictures of girls camp. O.o sorry! But I can list a few highlights:
1. Not being eaten, or even slightly harassed by bears! Hooray for obedience and safety!
2. Certifying shelter building for 6 HOURS straight! We sang the Wise Man/Foolish man song from primary 9 times!
3. Figuring out a spiritual application for cleaning the bathroom! Always fun! Thank goodness it was paired with water purification certification!
4. My ward rocks! I love those girls! Especially when the 4th years came into camp and doubled the size of our ward, we ruled the roll-call!
So, yeah! Girls camp rocks!
Then there was the midnight premiere of Spiderman! It was great! I fell asleep in the beginning though O.o
I guess the next exciting thing was the 4th of July!
 We had a ward breakfast and flag ceremony where Jenna and I played the national anthem! Fun stuff...
There's a fire ban here in the CO which is kind of on fire right now, so we didn't do any fireworks. But we sang around the piano!
That's our family! So yeah, that's all super exciting! Now for this little party...
Summer Homework! Lots of it! If I stick to my plan, I'll have it all done the week before the week before school starts! Wanna know what I have to do? I'll tell you anyway.
AP Language/Composition:
Read and Annotate:
1984 by George Orwell-
     answer 49 comprehension questions
     create a visual representation of one of the conflicts
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
     answer 25 comprehension questions

AP Biology:
Read chapters 1, 2, 3, 26, 27, 28, 31&35 of textbook.
Complete Study Guides (6-9 pgs each) for all.

I'm off to party it up with Winston Smith...
Have Joy!



<3 Hannah Jo

1 comment :

  1. I am soooo proud of you and the way you choose to look at and live your life!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete