Tuesday, April 26, 2016

All of the Peters...

Hey there!
Hope you all had a lovely week!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Perro- dog. As in, "I'm used to all of the dogs barking at us."
Pedro- Peter. As in, "I'm used to all of the Peters barking at us." I did not make this fundamental pronounciation mistaks. It was my Mexican companion.
Caballo- horse. As in, "We're used to dogs following us in the streets, but this week a horse followed us for 2 blocks. We were scared."
Diligente- diligent. As in, "And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." Alma 7:23

So last Monday we went to a lesson with an investigator and taught her about the 10 Commandments. When we got to the Sabbath Day, we read Mosiah 13:16-19

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work;
But the seventh day, the sabbath of the Lord thy God, thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates;
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is; wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

She has a shop that's connected to her house. She said, "So I should open the shop on Sundays?" We started to talk about it, and she decided to start closing it on Sundays. Her cousin was there and she really liked the lesson. She told us that the Elders used to visit her but she worked on Sundays and couldn't go to church. She doesn't work Sundays anymore, and she said that she'd like us to come visit her in her house! :)

Then monday night after planning I got a call from the Executive Secretary to the mission president. we kind of freaked out wondering why he was calling...but it was a mistake.
Then on Tuesday he called again. We knew it couldn't be another mistake.
He told me that I'll be training again this transfer!

So yes, we have transfers tomorrow. Hermana Juarez is heading out to Juarez (hah) and I'm staying here in the Pueblo to train my new companion who I'll meet tomorrow!
 

​I'll miss Hermana Juarez. We had a great transfer together. But we enjoyed our last week together!

Since this week I'll be training and we won't be able to do splits...we did splits 3 days last week! Splits are when I go with one member of the church who is female and at least 18 years old, and my companion goes with another so that we can go to 2 lessons at the same time. We reached Thursday and hadn't had nearly enough lessons. We knew it would be impossible to meet our goals if we tried to do it alone, so we enlisted the help of a few awesome members. They're great, and we met most of our goals! :)

If we work diligently to meet our goals and put forth our full effort, we can do it!

Have a great week, everyone! :)

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment