Monday, April 18, 2016

I Love Your Roses!

Ready for a super quick email?
 
 

​Happy Birthday to my sweet nephew, Jackson!! :) A big wookie-hug to you from your favorite aunt :)

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
rosas- roses. As in, "Your roses are beautiful! How long have you had them?"
Paquete- package. As in, "My awesome brother and sister-in-law sent me a great package and I got it this week!
 
 
​I was so excited about it, that I forgot to take a picture with it before tearing it open. But I definitely enjoyed these jelly-beans (and other yummy stuff) and I am ever so grateful for these pens. Zebra F-301 are the best. Thanks, you two! :)
Salvar- to save. As in, "Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness." Alma 7:14

This week we were walking to an appointment when we saw a woman outside her house working on pruning a rose bush. She seriously has beautiful roses. My companion walked up to her and said, "I love your roses! Every time I see them I just want to knock on your door and tell you." (true story, she tells me when we walk by.) We talked with her for a while and found out that she is a hard working mother of 3. She ended up giving us each a rose and we set an appointment to go visit her later.

We had a good lesson with an investigator we've been visiting for a while. She had some questions about the restoration, so we reviewed it with her. We shared the experience of the first vision found in Joseph Smith-History 1:10-17 (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1?lang=eng)

The Spirit was so strong as we testified of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We testified that she could know that this experience really happened and that God still calls prophets if she prays and asks Him. She said she will.

Sorry, I'm super short on time.

Have a great week, everyone!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment