Wednesday, June 15, 2016

God Loves Us

Hola hola!

First off, a Happy Birthday to my Dad, my brother-in-law, and my sweet nephew who spoke Spanish to me on Mother's day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

And a huge thanks to all those who sent me "Happy Birthday" pictures! I couldn't open the file that my mom sent me last week, but I saw them today. Love you all!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Campaña- campaign. As in, "The county has been in campaign for county president for months, and it finally finished this week. After recounting the votes, a member of the ward won!"
Presidenta- female president. As in, "The new county president is going to be the first female president. She's cool! We also got a new relief society president on Sunday. Things are changing here in the Pueblo!"
Testimonio- testimony. As in, "A testimony is a declaration of the things we know to be true. It isn't a speech, it isn't a time to give thanks to all the people we appreciate. It is a moment to testify."

We had a good week, and I'll tell you two stories.

On Tuesday we went to an appointment with an investigator expecting to just teach her. When we got there, we saw that her husband was there and she wasn't home yet. Once she got home, we were able to teach them together with their daughter about how the Gospel blesses families and how if we make covenants with God to keep His commandments, we can have eternal families. When we asked the husband if he'd like to prepare himself to be baptized and eventually have an eternal family, he siad that he wants to learn more and that if he comes to know that it is true, he would love for his whole family to get baptized together. We're excited to keep working with them. :)

Last Sunday we were looking for a referral and we knocked on the wrong door. But it ended up being the right door, because we found a young adult there who is friends with an awesome member of the ward and told us that she'd like us to visit her.
We went to get to know her better on Thursday, and she listened to us explain a little bit of our message then said, "This is all great. I know it's good stuff because my friend is always so happy, and especially when she talks about the church. What do I have to do to get baptized?"
It was awesome to see that her friend's example bore such strong testimony that our message is one of happiness and that it blesses people and families. She's excited to keep learning and preparing herself to get baptized.

I just want to end with my testimony.

I know that God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us perfectly. He loves us so much that He sent His son Jesus Christ to pay the price of our salvation. He also loves us so much that He sends prophets to teach us The Way back to Him, which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He doesn't change, and since He has always called prophets to teach us, He calls prophets in our times. He called Joseph Smith as a prophet to be the means by which He could restore the Gospel in its fullness. Today, Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and he teaches us the truth. Everyone can know this if they will read the Book of Mormon, ponder what it teaches, and pray to ask God if it's true. I've done it, which is why I know that it's true.
I invite everyone to try it. It will change your life for the better.

I'm going to send a few pictures from my birthday on a separate email.
Have an awesome week!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark
 
 
 
Hermana Ramírez and me :) All but two of the other 10 sisters here in Casas Grandes also came for ice cream to celebrate, but I don't have the picture of everyone.
 
 

​Thanks for the Birthday crowns, Mom :) It just so happens that Hermana Benitez's birthday was in May, and Hermana Blackham and Hermana Lorenzo's birthdays are in June too. So I shared :)
We have a good time in our district.
 
 

​The Sister's in my district also went with us to Tortas Parra for my birthday lunch. This is a chicken torta with mango chipotle sauce. It was delicious.

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment