Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Marvelous Work

What a week.

First,
 
 

​Happy Birthday to my awesome nephew, Liam! Love you, buddy!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Aventuras- adventures. As in, "This week was full of adventures. I'll teach you what a few of them are called in Spanish."
Reunión de Liderazgo- Leadership meeting. As in, "I had my first leadership meeting as a Sister Training Leader on Tuesday. It was weird but it was ok. We're working hard to improve our work here in the mission."
Intercambios de compañeras- companion exchanges. As in, "I got right into the swing of my new assignment this week doing 2 companion exchanges with the Sisters in Pradera, the area where I started the mission about a year ago. I went there with one of them on Friday, and the members we saw remembered me because I sang. I'm glad I had some sort of impact on them even though I wasn't there very long."
Bienvenida al nuevo Presidente- Welcome to the new President. As in, "Friday morning bright and early we had a meeting to welcome our new mission president, President Owen. He and his wife are great people, and we're excited to work with them."

Funny story. 
Remember how when I got to the mission from the MTC, my flights were delayed and I got here pretty late? That day we didn't have a chance to go to the mission home and take pictures with President and Sister Derbez. So President Derbez called me on Wednesday with some assignments and I mentioned to him that we'd never taken a picture together this whole year. He said, "Oh, that's true!" He said we'd had to take one and photoshop a year off of me. So Thursday morning, his last day here, he picked up my companion and I at 8 am and we went with him to wash the car then went to his house. I got a picture with him and Sister Derbez, then he said, "Now you have to walk home because we have to go pick up the new president in El Paso." So we said goodbye and walked home.
We took the picture on his phone, so I don't have it, he does. The good thing is that we eventually took a picture together.

A story about proselyting.
Monday night we had a family home evening in a member's house with some investigators we're teaching. One of the members shared an awesome message about the importance of having Family Home Evening every week, and it was great. The members and the investigators have become great friends, and they enjoyed it a lot. We had to bow out early to get home on time, but it was a great experience for everyone.

I don't have time to tell more stories, but I want to share a scripture.

"Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."
Doctrine and Covenants 4:1-2

We're working hard here in the area and we're working hard to help the sisters who I'm working with in their areas. Hard work is what it's all about, and we keep going.

Have a great week everyone!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment