Monday, October 12, 2015

Esto es Verdad

¡Buenos Días!

Here goes a super speedy email.

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Tripas- intestines of I-don't-know-what-animal. As in "I ate intestines of I-don't-know-what-animal this week. Yum."
Perderse- to get lost. As in "I was on exchanges for almost 2 full days this week in my area without my companion who knows everything about the area. It's a good thing we didn't get lost."
Bautismo/Bautizarse- Baptism/to get baptized. As in "Baptism is the first covenant we make with out Heavenly Father to prepare ourselves to one day return to His presence. When we are baptized, we are washed clean of all our sins, and we promise our Heavenly Father that we will keep His commandments, repent when we mess up, and press forward in faith. He promises us incredible blessings when we take this step."

Speaking of baptism, 2 of our awesome investigators aren't awesome investigators anymore.

​Now they're awesome members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

This single mom and her son got baptized on Saturday, and it was a beautiful experience!
​The couple on the right are her aunt and uncle. They invited her to church some weeks ago. The rest of her family are not members of the church, but they came to support her, and it was a special day.
(The man to the left of me is our Bishop. He's super cool, and he was also our investigator's teacher in middle school.)
She actually hurt her foot pretty bad playing volleyball the night before, so she couldn't put weight on it. She got baptized in a chair. It went smoothly though, so that was good.
The best moment of the day, though, was when she bore her testimony after the ordinance. Before she got up to speak, she told us she was super nervous and didn't know what to say. We told her to just talk about her experience learning about the gospel and how it's helped her.
She began by explaining that her aunt had invited her to church and her cousin introduced her to us. Then she started to cry, and said "I know that this church is true. I know that what the Book of Mormon says is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

It was such a sweet moment to hear her bear her simple and firm testimony of the Book of Mormon.

I just want to add my testimony to hers.

The Book of Mormon is a book of scripture. It contains the words of God given by means of His prophets. The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we will have a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father by studying and applying the Book of Mormon than by any other book. I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God because I have read it and asked my Father in Heaven if it is true, and He answered.
Everyone can and should do this. I know that if you read the Book of Mormon and pray to ask your Father in Heaven if it is true, He will answer you.

I love you all, and I am so grateful for you.
I am incredibly grateful to be here doing this work.
Our Father in Heaven loves His children. He has provided the way for us to have eternal happiness.

Have a fantastic week!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment