Monday, October 5, 2015

The Batty-Pueblo

Hola :)

So 2 weeks ago while we were waiting for our transfer call, I told Hermana Hernandez that if we stayed together this transfer, we could start singing Christmas hymns in the mornings.
We started singing Christmas hymns this week.
Now I find myself humming "Oh come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord" a lot. And every time she looks at me with a smile and says "Christmas!"

So that means we didn't get transfered!
We did move houses though, and that was an ordeal.
Nah, that's a bit dramatic. It just took almost an entire afternoon when we could have been proselyting. But we're nice and cozy in our new house. And we have yet to find a single bat, centipede, vinagron, or cockroach.
Although, a couple nights ago we were walking to a lesson, and there was a bat flying around above us. I said "ooh, a bat!" and my companion said, "it's the 'Batty-Pueblo!'" We laughed a lot.

Spanish lessons with Hermana Clark:
Pastel- cake. As in, "We may or may not have eaten cake in our district meeting last week to celebrate our Zone Leader's birthday."
 
 

​Meditizar- ponderize. As in "Ponderize isn't actually a word. But it's meant to be a combination of the words 'ponder' and 'memorize.' When we ponderize a scripture each week, it will give us great strength of spirit." See Elder Devin G. Durrant's talk from General Conference yesterday.
El Día de Reposo- The Sabbath Day (more directly "the day of rest"). As in, "Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy. When we sanctify the Sabbath Day, or dedicate our Sunday to the Lord, we receive great blessings. We receive greater spiritual and physical strength for the rest of the week. We build our testimonies and our relationships with our Heavenly Father. Above all, we show the Lord that we love Him. That is important, because He loves us."

Seriously. Our Heavenly Father loves us. He loves us so much. He loves YOU so much. So much more that you can understand. And you know what's incredible? When we dedicate our lives to Him, we can feel His love not only for us, but for His other children.

We love our investigators! And we love the members here! These people are amazing!
Several of our investigators are progressing a lot. They're building their relationships with their Father in Heaven through prayer, scripture study, and attending church. They feel the Spirit in a powerful way. It amazes me.

I hope everyone enjoyed General Conference like I did. I received answers to several questions. I even received them listening in Spanish. If you didn't have the chance to watch it all, you can watch the recordings of it at lds.org. I highly suggest it!

Well, that's what I have for now. We continue to work hard here in the Pueblo. I am so blessed to be here. Thanks for your prayers :) I hope you all have an awesome week!

¡Que les vaya bien! :)

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment