Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I Will Give Unto You Sucess

Hello!
Hope everyone had a good week.

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Sardinas- Sardines. As in, "my companion bought sardines last Monday, and it got me curious. So I bought some too. I ate them last night. They taste like sardines."
 
 

​Actitud- Attitude. As in, "Life can be tough and sometimes it doesn't go how we'd like it to, but if we keep a good attitude, it's a lot more enjoyable."
Caridad- Charity. As in, "charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him." Moroni 7:47

To start the week, we had companion exchanges with our Sister Training Leader, Hermana Hale. I went with her to her area in Colonia Dublan, and we had a great time. I learned a lot. She is a fabulous example of hard work and a good attitude. We'll be doing more exchanges this week, and I'm looking forward to learning more from her.
 
During our exchanges, we read Alma 26. I'd read it before and liked the chapter, but it hit me stronger this time. We were reading the whole story and felt like it was talking about us. It talks about some missionaries who went to preach to a really tough group of people. They went through some super hard experiences, but they had great success as missionaries.

Alma 26:27 says, 
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

That's the mission. We go through a lot, but if we bear it with patience, the Lord works miracles.

I'm just going to tell one story.

A couple of weeks ago, the other Sisters gave us the address of somebody they had met in the street and said that she wanted to listen, but she lives pretty far into our area. This week we finally found her and got to know her. She told us about a few changes she's been making in her life to make her home a better place for her children. We told her that accepting Christ in our lives and making his teachings the center of our homes is the best thing we can do for our families. We asked her if she wanted to learn more, and she said, "I felt something different when you were talking just now. Not bad, but different." We asked if she wanted to feel that more, and she said yes. We're going back this week to teach her more.

Keep going, work hard, trust in the Lord. He loves you.
And I love you!
Have a great week!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment