Tuesday, February 16, 2016

If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments

Hello!
First off,
 
 




​Happy Birthday to my awesome brother-in-law, Logan, and my lovely sister-in-law, April! After 2 weeks, the pictures finally uploaded :) I hope your birthdays went well!

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Planear/Planificar- to plan. As in, "Planning is important to have success in life."
Disculpar- to forgive/pardon. As in, "forgive me, I did not plan my Spanish Lesson or email for today very well. Oops."
Segundas oportunidades- second chances. As in, "Good thing I have second chances. Actually, I have another chance every week. The great news is that no matter what the mistake is, we have second chances in life thanks to our Savior, Jesus Christ. We can always improve and keep going if we turn to Him."

Just one story. Disculpen.

So our investigators haven't been coming to church for the past few weeks, and it's been stressing me out (missionary problems). This week we've been praying a ton for our investigators to be able to come. We've been praying for them, praying for our teaching ability, and really doing all we can to invite them well. and we saw the fruits!
The awesome family we teach who loev prophets and know the Bible super well was finally able to come to church yesterday!
On Saturday we taught them about the commandment of the Sabbath Day. We should reserve Sundays to attend church, serve others, and grow spiritually. We explained to them a few things that we should and should not do on Sundays and their answers were things like,
"Oh. We need to start buying the groceries on Saturday instead of Sunday."
"We can tell my dad to come help with the house on Saturdays too."
They didn't fight the commandment or try to justify anything that they had been doing contrary to the commandment up to this point. They simply understood the commandment, looked for the way to change in order to keep it, and they did it.

We should all be like that. When we learn about God's commandments, we may realize that we aren't living in harmony with some of them. That's alright, we're human. The important thing is that we repent of our old behavior, and change it to be better. When we align our lives with God's commandments, we will see the blessings!

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15
"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." Doctrine and Covenants 82:10

The Lord loves us and gives us great promises! Live the commandments, and enjoy the blessings!

Have a great week, everyone. Thank you for your prayers and continual support!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment