Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Endings Are Not Our Destiny

It can't be. My last email in the mission field. It still hasn't registered in my brain.

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Nieta- grand-daughter. As in, "Sometimes in the mission we call our first companion (trainer) our mom/dad. And when your trainee trains someone else, they are your grand-daughter/grandson. This is my grand-daughter Sister Reed, she's awesome. :) I'm glad I got to meet her!"
 
 

​Despedirse- to say goodbye. As in, "It's hard to say goodbye! Yesterday the Bishop asked me to bear my testimony and I literally stood up and started crying. Nobody there had ever seen me cry before, but a lot of them cried with me. I'll miss this ward, this mission and these people!"
Fin- end. As in, "There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.
Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

On Thursday we did splits with some members and I went to visit a part member family that I've mentioned before. The dad has gone to church for 5 years with his wife and daughters. We went and we asked him again why he hasn't gotten baptized. He said that He felt like he hadn't received a strong answer about the truthfulness of the Restoration like other people say they have. Then he said that he had realized that he didn't receive an answer like other people because he hadn't looked for the answer like other people. The member I went with pointed out to him a few answers he may have received and asked if he really wanted to know. I explained to him how I received my testimony of the Restoration- little by little. He committed to read the Book of Mormon and really pray and ask if it was true.


Well, after a bit of a crazy week, we had a beautiful baptism!
 
 

​This amazing lady stayed strong and made a covenant with her Heavenly Father on Saturday. It was beautiful to see how she looked for understanding and received a testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has the determination to keep the commandments and keep progressing to make moroe covenants with her Heavenly Father in the temple. After her baptism we had a lessons with her and she offered a beautiful prayer afterward asking her Father sincerely for help to prepare herself to return to His presence. She is an example to me.

Everyone keeps asking me how I feel now that I'm going home. I don't have adequate words to explain how I feel. But I'm incredibly grateful for this beautiful opportunity I've had to serve a mission. I know that I was sent here by inspiration. This is where I needed to be. I'm grateful for the people I've met and all I've learned and the chance I've had to teach what I have come to know is true.

Thank you all for your support, love and prayers. I'll see you soon!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment