Monday, December 5, 2016

Peace I Leave With You

Hey there! I hope everyone had a great week!

I feel like yesterday was Monday. But today is Monday again. We worked a lot this week and did 2 companion exchanges. 

Spanish Lessons with Hermana Clark:
Irse- to leave. As in, "Hermana Clark! You're just about to leave!" Everyone I know tells me everytime they see me. How sad.
Silla- chair. As in, "I sat in a chair at an investigator's house this week and the seat broke and I fell on the ground. The good thing is that she still wants to get baptized. She and my companion couldn't stop laughing."
Principios- principles. As in, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

This week both of our investigators with baptismal dates had some challenges, but they're so strong, they overcame their challenges. We're looking forward to their baptisms this week!

Thursday we went to see a part member family who hadn't received us in a while. We went with an awesome member. When we got there, they told us that they were thinking about separating. It was the coolest thing to hear this member bear her testimony and explain how following the teachings in the proclamation to the world (https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&_r=1) would bless their family. The Spirit was so strong and the investigator committed to go to church on Sunday and make some changes. And he went! We're praying and have faith that He can change and bless his family.

Yesterday we went to see an awesome investigator who my companion contacted while we were on companion exchanges. We went to start teaching her and explained a bit about our message. She told us that she wants to get closer to God and teach her daughter, who is currently 18 months old, to trust in Him. We explained that we help prepare people to make convenants with God that will bring blessings in their lives and in their families. We asked if she would like to learn more about our message and prepare to make a covenant with God, and she said yes! We're looking forward to teaching her more this week!

Yesterday was the Christmas Devotional Broadcast, and it was beautiful! Check it out if you couldn't see it.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Before I go, you are all formally invited to heear me speak in 2 weeks when I'm home. I'll be speaking on December 18th at 1pm in the Mainstreet building (20850 East Main Street Parker, Colorado 80138), and I'd love to see you all there. :)

Have a great week!

~Hermana Hannah Jo Clark

No comments :

Post a Comment