Saturday, May 30, 2015

#ScriptureSaturday :)

"What a blessing it is to have the account of the mission of our Lord and Savior declared in the Book of Mormon to add a second witness to the doctrine declared in the Bible." Elder L. Tom Perry


I know that the Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ! The truths of the Book of Mormon are dear to my heart, and they give me such peace, because they are the doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Heavenly Father loves us! He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for our sins and afflictions so that we could return to live with Him. We can return to live with our Father in Heaven. Forever. It's wonderful! We can have peace and JOY! The message of the Savior's mission to help us to return to our Father is all over the pages of the Book of Mormon. That is why I find such peace.

I used Elder Perry's quote to honor him, because he passed away today. I am grateful for the wonderful example of strength and kindness which he gave us throughout his life. I will miss hearing from him, but I know he is resting in peace!

I couldn't figure out how to get the video to show up on my blog, but the church posted a great video tribute to Elder Perry. Here's the link :)
https://www.facebook.com/LDS/videos/10153276060241550/
Have joy!



<3 Hannah Jo

No comments :

Post a Comment